Saturday 26 December 2015

But Why?



In my recent hiatus from the hustle and bustle of lagos city life and its attendant traffic jams, fuel queues, lack of power, etc, to go and sojourn in a foreign land- the country of birth of d great Isaac Newton. I was privileged to attend the christening of a beautiful baby in which, if the pleasantness of the atmosphere and the best wishes of the guests (if the joy on there faces can be correlated with their good wishes for the Lil girl), then I will say her life is made and full of promise.

However, as I keenly observed the fanfare, dancing and eating (there was more than enough), while slowly sipping the Courvoirsier my amiable host dropped for me alone(he was a great host), I noticed one slim lady dat seemed to be overly excited (whether alcohol induced or not, I do not know).

She was dancing excitedly, even though she wasn't such a fantastic dancer.

As I observed her closely, I noticed something funny about her waist. It appeared as if both buttocks were hanging a bit off her body i.e. like they were an attachment to her frame and were asymmetrical.

In my confusion, I pointed my observation to my niece who then laughed and immediately said the lady was putting on one of those fashion fake bums.

I was surprised to say the least because I had never seen someone putting on one.

I was left with one question,

"but why? To what end?"

Vanity!

November 2nd, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment